Another week of mad bug fixing and polishing is behind us, and that can only mean one thing – the latest update is out! In addition to all sorts of neatness we also have a small surprise for you, so read on.
The summer is in full bloom here in the northern hemisphere, and to celebrate it as well as the release of the game we’re about to take a short break, but before doing so, we’ve been working on to address the most critical issues we’re aware of and to improve the game based on the feedback we’ve received on our community forums and Discord.
The absolute best news is that the update contains a number of fixes to various hard crashes and other showstopper nasties that a number of you have been experiencing. With those pesky issues now out of the way, we expect that finally everyone can enjoy the game in its full glory. In addition to that, the update also contains a number of fixes to more minor issues as well as a host of nice improvements and tweaks; for instance, there’s a refreshed lobby interface, AI aggression tweaks, more consistent mechanical damage across all cars, wheels that get detached easier when using realistic damage, and so forth. You can read the full changelog below but instead of that we suggest updating the game and checking it out yourself!
Now then, no doubt the most exciting piece of news to everyone – like mentioned we’re going to take a short summer break, and as a token of our appreciation for the great community (yes, you lot) we have a special surprise for you: a new track! Yes, you read that right. The track is ominously enough called Bonebreaker Valley and true to its name, it’s really like an evil big brother of Crash Canyon complete with banked corners, high-speed two-way section and multiple jumps, ensuring frantic races and brutal crashes – the kind of full-contact racing we’ve all come to love and expect. Enjoy!
That’s all for now, folks. Thanks for all the support and godspeed everyone!
Full changelog of the update:
- Added a new track: Bonebreaker Valley.
FIXED AND IMPROVED
- Fixed a case in which the game might have crashed when entering Market.
- Fixed another case in which the game might have crashed when entering My Cars.
- Entering the Settings menu no longer causes the game to crash when more than four input devices are connected.
- Changing the Graphics Quality preset in the Settings menu now works properly.
- Implemented new Lobby user interface.
- Removed dark background from player tags to make them less intrusive.
- HUD is now correctly removed after a forced exit from the Spectate mode.
- A number of other user interface improvements.
- Added Mixed Class AI Set that contains a mix of cars from every class.
- Mechanical damage is now more consistent across different cars.
- With Realistic Damage, mechanical damage now kicks in earlier.
- With Realistic Damage, wheels now get detached easier (remember two wheels lost mean an instant wreck).
- AI fine-tuning: On Easy and Medium AI difficulties, AI is now more aggressive towards other AI players; AI now avoids ramming in slow corners; AI slows down less after hitting the player from behind; AI tries to overtake more aggressively.
- Minor AI raceline improvements for specific corners.
- Elimination races now yield more credits and experience.
- In Career, tweaked Lords of Chaos series bonus targets to be more easier to meet.
- In Career, lowered the “Cause Damage” bonus target to 600 in Midsize Massacre’s 2nd event.
- In Career, lowered the “Cause Damage” bonus target to 2000 in Midsize Mayhem.
- Rocket driver model no longer sports a pink undershirt.
- RoadSlayer’s wheels received as rewards are now correctly marked being for “RoadSlayer” instead of “American 4”.
- Speedemon’s special parts are now correctly marked being for “Speedeamon” instead of “Dominator”.
- Fixed MudDigger’s hood camera position.
- Fixed Boomer’s Style 2 rear wheel materials.
- Fixed Firefly’s Style 2 & 3 front wheel tire profile.
- Fixed an issue with RoadSlayer GT’s scoop hood.
- Fixed issues with Tristar’s brake light and Style 5 wheels.
- Added rocks to the chicane on Rosenheim Raceway to prevent cutting.
- Fixed a floating decal at Sandstone Raceway.
- Fixed a floating decal at Pinehills Raceway.
- Fixed adboards at Small Stadium.
NOTES FOR CONTENT CREATORS
- Career AI names can no longer be modified to prevent fatal issues caused by having too few names.
- Weather list (.weli) and visual suspension settings (.vevs) do not trigger the anti-tamper protection anymore.