We’re happy to let you all know that the latest update is out! The update contains quite a few improvements, major and minor alike, but the main feature of the update is the new track Sandpit 3 offering high-speed racing through the forested hilly scenery, something that will probably bring back sweet memories of a certain well-known racing game of yesteryear. We love it, and we hope that you too will! In addition to Sandpit 3 the update also adds a Figure 8 layout for Speedway 8, since let’s face it – Figure 8 is like the bread and butter of demolition racing games, and those never get old.
Other than that, we’ve implemented the basics of the our new, more tactical damage system. Vehicles now have chassis health and armor, the latter being visualized with the previously used sector triangles. Think of them as outer panels of the car: the better the condition of the armor the more incoming damage it absorbs, and when the armor condition drops to zero (black), all damage will go directly to lower chassis health. From now on the vehicle is only totaled when chassis health drops to zero. To help you better pick targets the health bars are also now visualized next to the player name in HUD. In future, we will extend the system so that various components such as the suspension of the car can fail.
Please find the full changelog here:
- Added a new track Sandpit 3 with two layouts (short and long) in both normal and reverse variants.
- Added a new Figure 8 layout for Speedway 2.
- Implemented the basics of the new damage system.
- Health bars are now displayed in the HUD.
- The vehicle with more speed and mass now has more advantage in collisions, paving way for a more tactical gameplay.
- Improved Sandpit 2 and Mixed 1 level art.
- Fixed Sandpit 2 checkpoints.
- Improved AI racing line in a number of tracks.
- Improved AI start/racing logic.
- Reduced AI aggression towards the player.
- It’s now slightly more difficult to bump the AI off the track.
- Improved clutter loading speed.
- Improved gamepad controller.
- Improved reflection and vehicle paint shader.
- Fixed a bug with the game being unable to start if more than ten mods have been enabled at some point.
- Weathers are now scanned similar to tracks, vehicles and parts, so multiple weather mods can co-exist.
- BagEditor now shows files under Art folder too.
As always, we’re looking forward to your feedback!