For the purposes of applicable data protection legislation, Bugbear Entertainment Oy is the data controller of the personal information that we collect when you browse our website, purchase our products and use our services such as subscribe to our newsletter or post on our community forum.
Bugbear Entertainment Oy is company number 1586716-8 registered in Finland. Our registered office is located at Ratamestarinkatu 11, 00520 Helsinki, Finland. For any questions or inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy regarding information that we record about you. It covers information that could directly or indirectly identify you (hereafter referred to as “personal information”) and information that could not. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. In the context of the law and this policy, “to process” means collecting, storing, transferring, using or otherwise acting on information.
- If you do not agree with this policy, please do not use our website or services.
- We take the protection of your privacy and confidentiality very seriously. We understand that all our customers and visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of an unintended third-party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal information.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third-party, any information that is collected through our website.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. In case the basis changes then, if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
What personal information we collect
When you buy a product from us, subscribe to our newsletter, create a community forum account or otherwise engage with us, we receive information about you. Some of this information may include what can be considered as personal information. We collect personal information about you in six different situations:
- When you visit our website, we may store and process information about you, your IP address, country, computer and how you use our site. The purpose of this information is to improve our website and your user experience.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, we process your first name, last name, email address, country and any additional information that you may possibly choose to provide to us. Furthermore, we also store information about how you use the newsletter, for example, whether you read it or not, for the purpose of adapting and improving on how we treat you as a customer and our service to you.
- When you create a user account and profile on our community forum and log in to use the forum, we store your IP address, user name, email address, gamertag/steam name, image displayed in connection with your user name (“avatar”) and any additional information that you may possibly choose to provide to us such as website preferences. Your name, avatar, and any other information that you choose to add to your public profile will be available for viewing to other users.
- When you post content on the community forum, we collect and store the information and content that you post, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable, along with your user name and avatar. They may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet.
- When you buy our products, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. We store and process your IP address, first name, last name, gamertag/steam name, country and email address. Your purchase history is also stored and processed. The purpose is to be able to sell and deliver products to you according to our contractual obligation, as well as ensure smooth customer service for your benefit.
- When you communicate with us via email, phone or by any other means, we maintain a record of your communication along with your contact information.
How we use your personal information
We may use this personal information in order to:
- Create and administrate your community forum account and enable you to post content on the said community forum, should you choose to do so.
- Sell products to you. We need your personal information in order to be able to deliver your purchase and to perform our contractual obligations towards you as a customer. If you are not willing to provide us with the information requested, we will not able to provide you with the delivery of products.
- Provide you with our services, such as sending important notices to you, including communication about your purchases and changes to our terms and conditions and policies, sending newsletters, offers and news about our latest products and software updates as well as other notifications, including but not limited to those regarding your account on our community forum. If you do not want to be on our mailing list and receive promotional or other communication from us, you can always opt out by simply clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletters.
- Help us develop, deliver and improve our website, products, services, content, advertising and customer communications by means of data analysis and research of the personal data and preferences you provided to us.
We process this information on the basis that there is a legal contract between us, or that you have requested that we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our products and services, you may be asked to provide your consent to us to process information that may be considered personal.
Sometimes you might give your implicit consent to store your name, email address and possibly other personal information, such as when you send us a message by email to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to continue using our websites or our services.
Disclosure to third-parties
We may disclose and share certain personal data to our partners that work with us to provide or improve our products and services or that help us market our products and services to customers. Personal data will not be shared with third-parties for their own marketing purposes.
We may disclose and share personal data with our service providers, namely companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, accounting and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These third-parties are obligated to protect your personal data according to data processing agreements.
Furthermore, we are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence if requested.
Information relating to your method of payment
We have integrated components of PayPal on our website. PayPal is an online payment service provider. Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal.
Contacting our customer support team
When you contact us, whether through our website or by email, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our customer service. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
Your right to complain
You are entitled to file a complaint about any of the content on our website, our product, or our services, and we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall take the necessary steps to rectify the issue.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint, but only to the extent that we deem absolutely necessary to resolve the issue. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others can last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete all or any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
We may use also internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our websites are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Third-party sites and services
Our websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. We do not take any responsibility whatsoever for the content and operation of such websites and services, and instead encourage you to obtain information about the privacy policies of appropriate third-parties.
How and where we store the data
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we use secure servers to protect the information we collect about you. Our websites storing your personal information are hosted in the US, Finland and United Kingdom. However, from time to time we may also use outsourced services in other countries, possibly located outside the European Union, to ensure smooth operation of our service. Accordingly, data obtained within the European Union could be processed outside the European Union.
All information you provide to us accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We also urge you to log out of your user account and closing your web browser when finished using our services.
How to review and remove your personal information
We want to make it very easy to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and always up-to-date. At any time, you may review or update your personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by sending us a request at email@example.com.
We are also obliged to, upon your request, confirm whether or not your personal data is being processed as well as give you information regarding the processing. You also have the right to receive personal data stored by us that has been provided by you in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
You may also choose to remove any personally identifiable information from our websites, including your community forum account and all content posted by you, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information and prevent abuse of it.
How long do we store your information
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or official reporting requirements. If you have purchased one of our products, we retain the necessary personal data during the product’s life.
Compliance with the law
Updates to this policy